Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

The first day of school for Neavey is like any other day of school. It goes a bit like this:
Neavey usually wakes up briefly between 6:30 and 7:30 am. I have been up for about an hour getting meds and breakfast and lunches prepared and or packed.
Keith gives Neavey her morning medication with a drink while I go back to the kitchen to finish packing his and her lunch kits.




After I've gotten myself partially together, Neavey gets her hair done and her teeth brushed.

Around 8:15 it's time to get in the wheelchair. If Keith is still home he does the lift and the placement in chair.Getting out the door , in the van and on our way...


On a good day we have arrived at school between 8:20 and 8:40am. Neavey and other kids in her class enter the school near her classroom where there is wheelchair access. The school has an intercom set up (much like a doorbell) for parents to buzz the office and then gain entry into the building via one of the classroom aides or the teacher. After Neavey is settled, and I've communicated any necessary info to the teacher, I'm off to the gym.

No comments: